I never expected it but having a Kindle completely changed my reading habits. I’ve read a total of 18 books this year, out of which 17 were on the Kindle. For comparison, in the last few years I’ve averaged somewhere around 10 books/year. So receiving a Kindle as a birthday present from the Mr. back in January was definitely a game changer. It made the whole process of buying, storing and carrying books around so much easier that it gave a much needed boost to my reading habits.
Growing up I loved reading. And I read a lot of books, all the way until university more or less when I had to juggle studying, work and living life i.e. partying. I still strongly believe there is nothing that can substitute a paper book. But it turns out, there are quite a few advantages to having a Kindle, and while I was resisting for years, it turns out I didn’t have to. So scroll down further to see the five reasons why I love my Kindle so much.
5 Reasons Why I Love My Kindle
1. Ease of buying books at a lower price. This has become one of the main reasons why I love my Kindle. I have developed this somewhat “guilty” pleasure of browsing for new books and going on sprees of buying them at midnight. It’s great to find good reads at just 0,99 eur sometimes, and overall prices are a bit lower than paper books. Besides, I can now buy books without worrying as to where I’ll store them. Win-win. Which takes me to the second reason.
2. Easy storage for a looot of books. You know how you sometimes feel guilty for buying and accumulating so many books without a proper place to store them? Well, with a Kindle, it’s no longer a problem. I live in a studio and I hate clutter, so accumulating books was becoming a problem for me, because I simply did not have enough space to store them. The Mr. specifically got me the Kindle version with a bit more storage than the default one, so I don’t need to worry about it, which I am very grateful for.
3. Portable. I always want to carry a book with me or three; especially when I travel. And having the Kindle solves this problem because guess what? I can take as many books as I want with me without taking up space in the suitcase or in my bag. I also love to take it with me when I go for coffee or if I have a longer commute, and because it’s small enough it fits into my smaller bags too.
4. Adjustable light. The Kindle that I have has adjustable brightness, so you can read during the day, at night and really whenever and wherever you want, without bothering with switching on the lights or using a lamp.
5. Battery life. Battery has never been of concern; I charge it once every few months and it lasts a long time. I don’t remember exactly how long, but since I got it in January, I charged it twice probably and I read a total of 17 books. So it definitely lasts a long time.
I am inclined towards adding a few more reasons. To me it’s also a pretty reading companion. Especially since I added the burgundy leather cover, which gives it a very nice look. Also, the in line dictionary feature is pretty neat too if you want to look up the meaning of a word, and I’ve definitely used it more than once.
Links: The model that I have is the Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition 2021 which you can find here. I also use the official Kindle leather case that I am very happy with since it looks really pretty: this is the cover I use, my colour is burgundy.
To close it off and despite not wanting to sound too pushy, I would say that if you’ve been on the edge over getting a Kindle, I 100% recommend it and encourage you to get it. It will be a game changer when it comes to your reading habits! Of course, you also have to put in the effort towards wanting to read more, but the Kindle can also make your life a little easier.